This half day course will provide participants with a variety of tips and techniques to build rapport and promote effective communication. Case recording is an essential component of the advice process and when done well is an effective quality assurance tool.
- To identify and practice key skills to build rapport and communicate effectively with clients.
- To identify best practice when case recording
- Explore key skills for effective communication
- Explain how to build rapport and promote trust when interviewing clients
- Explain the key principles of quality case recording
- Identify common mistakes when case recording and how to avoid making them
Building rapport and trust is key to successful engagement with a client. We will explore key communication skills and practice active listening. We will identify barriers to effective communication and practice ways to build rapport and trust.
Good case recording is one of the key tools in advice work for measuring quality of advice. Using examples of good and poor practice, participants will learn the key principles of quality case recording and explore ways to develop their own case recording to a quality standard