This course covers
- Dementia Friends – an Alzheimer’s Society initiative giving people a basic understanding of dementia and some of the ways they can help people living with the condition.
- Main characteristics of dementia
- Top tips for communicating with people with dementia
- An overview of local services provided by Alzheimer’s Society for people with dementia and their carers.
By the end of this course you will be able to
- Recognise signs and symptoms of dementia
- Understand how you can support someone with dementia
- Identify good practice when communicating with people with dementia
- Have a basic understanding of what is available locally for people with dementia and their carers.