Welcome to the Connecting Advice in Dorset e-bulletin. The e-bulletin is circulated every two weeks and will bring you news about the project and information relating the advice sector in general. If you would like to send anything out via the bulletin, please send it to me at email@example.com.
News from the Project
- As part of the legacy from the project, we are identifying the outcomes from the overall project and from our programme of free training- please help us to measure what difference the project has made to you, your clients and your organisation. We can use this information to consider future options and support bids for other funding opportunities.
- Overall project – Please help us to find out whether or not our project has been successful in helping your organisation and the wider advice sector by completing a short survey. It is essential for us to gather the views of as many people as possible to help us evaluate the project (and its legacy in terms of what should happen next) effectively – the survey will only take you a few minutes to complete and will provide us and our funders with invaluable information
- Training outcomes – if you have attended any of our training courses, look out for an email from our Training Needs Officer
- Could you and your organisation benefit from using video-linking to deliver advice, or to work more efficiently across Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole? Free help and support is available for a limited period only. Contact Bryony to find out more
- Don’t forget to book on our next two forum events
- There are still spaces available on our Appeals to Upper Tribunals training course on Wednesday 4th November in Bournemouth – click here for more information and to request a place
- Vacancy for a Careers Adviser at Ansbury
- Invitation to Bournemouth and Poole Health and Care Forum
- Age UK Dorchester is seeking Volunteer Co-ordinators for their Reach Out Good Neighbour Scheme
- Launch of a the Financial Advice Market Review to examine how financial advice could work better for consumers
- As part of Big Energy Savings Week Citizens Advice Bournemouth will be running a series of pop up events throughout Bournemouth. People can bring their gas & electricity bills along with their annual energy usage and a trained adviser will show them how to compare energy tariffs and see how much money they can save.
- Poster with dates and locations – please circulate amongst your contacts
- An opportunity to hear Baroness Lawrence give her perspective on what has been achieved in terms of equality over the last 5 years.
- New website launched for Dorset Community Foundation – click here to visit the new site
- First Point Housing Intervention Service are currently campaigning to recruit volunteers – please use the poster to promote the opportunities
- DRO and Bankruptcy Legislative changes – find out more from the Institute of Money Advisers
- Funding for individual prisoners and ex-offenders
Research & Reports
- ‘Who are the self-employed?‘ – new report from Citizens Advice and the New Policy Institute
- Figures from the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (ASHE) show that in 2014 an estimated 5.9 million jobs were paid below the Living Wage – find out how many jobs are paid below the living wage in your area on an interactive map
- ‘The Four Advice Gaps‘ – Exploring the different gaps in provision of and access to free and paid money advice – a new report from Citizens Advice
- ‘Low Pay Britain, 2015‘ – a new report from the Resolution Foundation
- Ben Horgan, The Asda Community Life Champion from the Lansdowne store is looking for unknown charities and good causes from the Bournemouth area.