Welcome to the Connecting Advice in Dorset e-bulletin. The e-bulletin is circulated every two weeks and will bring you news about the project and information relating the advice sector in general. If you would like to send anything out via the bulletin, please send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
News from the Project
Dates for your diary
- Specialist Advice in Dorset conference 1st October 2015
- Presentations now available
- Financial Capability Forum 4th November 2015 – book now
- Welfare Benefits Forum 18th November 2015 – book now
Video conferencing – Free 1-2-1 support available
Following our successful pilot of delivering advice using video-links, we are offering advice organisations the opportunity of a 1/2 day session with our consultant to look at how your organisation could use videolinking to deliver advice more efficiently in Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole. If you are interested, please contact Bryony at email@example.com. For further discussion on what help is available, please contact Colin Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Evaluation – have we made a difference?
As the project comes to an end, we are embarking on a full independent evaluation of the project carried out by an external consultant, Tim Clark.
Please help us to find out whether or not our project has been successful in helping your organisation and the wider advice sector by completing the survey.
- A message from Julie Hursthouse, Community Development Officer for Weymouth & Portland
- Invitation to Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults from Financial Scamming Event, Tuesday 10th November 2015
- Advocacy volunteers needed – Dorchester
- Can you help? Drop-in location needed – Dorchester/Weymouth
- Free information sessions for carers in Dorset
- Do you refer to the DWP Visiting Service? DWP are looking for your feedback by 9th October (deadline extended to 23rd October)
- British Institute of Human Rights Tour comes to Dorchester
- Dorset Community Action Big Energy Saving Network – FREE workshops available
- Eating Opportunities in Dorset, including lunch clubs, meal delivery services, shopping assistance and foodbanks
Research and Reports
- Latest statistics from The Money Charity
- Unsecured and insecure? – a new report from Citizens Advice exploring the UK’s mountain of unsecured personal debt