Welcome to the Advice Dorset Partnership E-News bulletin. The bulletin is circulated every two weeks and will bring you news and information relating the advice sector in Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole. If you would like to send anything out via the bulletin, please send it to me at email@example.com.
Advice Dorset Partnership
State of the Advice Sector report – April 2017
The State of the Advice Sector report has been produced by the Advice Dorset Partnership to highlight the work of the advice sector and the issues we all face. Please feel free to share the report with your colleagues, funders and other stakeholders. The report is designed to be read electronically or to be printed on A3 double-sided – please see the printable version below.
Training from the Partnership – now booking
- Introduction to Debt – Monday 26th June 2017, Dorchester
- Fuel debt advice in the community – Thursday 22nd June 2017, Wimborne
News and Useful Information
- New advocacy service operating across Dorset, Poole and Bournemouth – Free, independent support is available to help people understand their rights and express their wishes during assessments with social services. Dorset Advocacy also runs many other services to support people to speak up.
- Wessex Water work around Mental Health as part of their wider strategy for helping customer in vulnerable circumstances and ensuring staff are fully equipped to help these customers as well.
- Services from Relate Dorset
- News from the South West Dorset Multicultural Network
- Annual General Meeting – Thursday 18th May 2017, 6pm-8pm at the Town Hall in Dorchester – in addition to the usual business, you will be able to hear the experiences of some of the newest members of our community, newly arrived refugees talking on the topic “From Syria to Dorset”, there will be (Syrian) refreshments before the meeting and an opportunity to mingle afterwards
- Gypsy Roma Traveller month event – Saturday 10th June 2017, Borough Gardens, Dorchester from noon-4pm. This event will include the opportunity to get up close to some traditional Gypsy Caravans and try out some traditional Gypsy skills such as willow weaving and flower making. There will be a range of displays and photographs as well as story telling and live music. This will be a great family event and chance to learn more about Dorset’s local history’
- Newsflash Spring 2017
Events and Training
- How Social Media Can Benefit Your Organisation – Thursday 8th June 2017, Bovington
- Bite Sized Training: Evidence of Need – Thursday 25th May 2017, Wimborne
- Bite Sized Training: Successful Bid Writing – Wednesday 14th June 2017, Blandford
- East Dorset Community Networking Opportunity – Thursday 13th July 2017, Wimborne
- Live Well Dorset – free training for staff and volunteers within Local Authority, Voluntary Services and Health & Social Care Services in Dorset. Training is focused on improving local people’s health and well-being, upskilling the individual trainee to support your service users and also helping the trainee with their own well-being.
- Bournemouth Strategic Housing Options are running FREE Housing Awareness Sessions for front-line workers in Bournemouth who would like to know more about housing
Research & Reports
- Latest statistics from the Money Charity