Welcome to the Advice Dorset Partnership E-News bulletin. The bulletin is circulated every two weeks and will bring you news and information relating the advice sector in Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole. If you would like to send anything out via the bulletin, please send it to me at email@example.com.
Advice Dorset Partnership
PLACES STILL AVAILABLE on both of the following, BOOK NOW:
- Welfare Benefit Forum – Thursday 7th September 2017, Wimborne. Presentations on Universal Credit from DWP, Local Authority and Citizens Advice. This event is FREE to members of the Advice Dorset Partnership PLUS scheme (£25 non members)
- Mental Health & Benefits Training – Thursday 21st September 2017, Wimborne PRICE REDUCED: £50 for members of the Advice Dorset Partnership PLUS scheme , £100 for non-members
- Citizens Advice in Dorset’s Annual General Meeting: Friday 29 September, 4pm, Allandale House Wimborne. An opportunity to hear about our Research and Campaigns work:
Job Opportunities in local Citizens Advice offices
Income Maximisation Caseworkers: 2 part-time posts, one based in Poole the other in North Dorset
Advice Session Supervisor: Weymouth an Portland Citizens Advice, 21 hours/week
For more information on these posts go to:
Opportunity to work on a freelance basis to support the Advice Dorset Partnership PLUS scheme: we are seeking someone with a knowledge of, and interest in, the advice sector to run the PLUS scheme now that Bryony Brown has moved on to other things. The role needs up to 8 hours a week, worked flexibly on a self-employed basis. More information below:
News and Useful Information
- TAX HELP FOR OLDER PEOPLE: Read their latest Newsletter here:
- THE MONEY CHARITY – money/debt statistics here:
Events and Training
- DWP/Local Authority briefing for stakeholders on Universal Credit – September dates now booking:
- Dorset Community Action Conference: Working together for a stronger civil society Friday 29th September 9.30 – 3, Dorford centre, Dorchester.
- Ageing Well Conference: Organised by the Pan Dorset Funders Forum, Friday 6 October 2017, between 9.15am and 4.10pm, at the Dorford Centre in Dorchester. The aim of the conference is to:1. Explore what is currently happening to older people across the area and nationally, we are particularly interested in preventative services and supporting people with planning for growing older
2. Inform funders about local need, and to encourage and enable them to work collaboratively
3. Encourage and enable voluntary organisations to work collaborativelyThis is an opportunity to be influenced by new perspectives, share your knowledge and network with a whole range of other organisations.To book for the conference, there is a £13.25 charge, please go to the
www.eventbrite.com/e/ageing-well-conference-tickets-36823309510 The deadline for bookings is noon on Wednesday 27 September 2017.
- DWP: Talking Money briefings – invitation: DWP_Invitation Talking Money
Research and Reports
- Mental Health Inpatient Advice Services – Impact Report: read about the impact of Poole and Dorchester Citizens Advice services in mental health units, here:
- August Grant Alert from DORSET COMMMUNITY FOUNDATION (incudes Bursaries for young people, Lord Lieutenant’s fund for young and talented, and the Youth Social Action Fund):
- People’s Postcode Lottery; grants f up to £20l but NB very short deadline – need to sbmit and Expression of Interest by 28 August 2017!