Welcome to the Advice Dorset Partnership E-News bulletin. The bulletin is circulated every two weeks and will bring you news and information relating the advice sector in Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole. If you would like to send anything out via the bulletin, please send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advice Dorset Partnership
PLACES STILL AVAILABLE on both of the following, BOOK NOW:
- Welfare Benefit Forum – Thursday 7th September 2017, Wimborne
- Mental Health & Benefits Training – Thursday 21st September 2017, Wimborne
Opportunity to work on a freelance basis to support the Advice Dorset Partnership PLUS scheme: we are seeking someone with a knowledge of, and interest in, the advice sector to run the PLUS scheme now that Bryony Brown has moved on to other things. The role needs up to 8 hours a week, worked flexibly on a self-employed basis. More information below:
News and Useful Information
- DORSET WIDE ENERGY ADVICE UPDATE from Purbeck Citizens Advice – lots of useful info:
- INDEPENDENT ASSESSMENT SERVICE – Information from DWP: Atos Healthcare has changed the business name they use for PIP work to the Independent Assessment Services. The process has not changed, nor the staff working for Independent Assessment Services. Claimants are not affected by the name change and should continue to attend assessment appointments and respond to communications from Atos Healthcare and Independent Assessment Services. Assessment centre locations and contact numbers are not affected by this name change. The signage at Assessment Centres and supply chain partners’ estate will be changed to say ‘Independent Assessment Services’. The link below is to the “Guide for Stakeholders”.
- DORSET TRAVEL: Changes to the public transport network in Dorset from 23 July 2017:
- THE MONEY CHARITY – money/debt statistics here:
Events and Training
- DWP/Local Authority briefing for stakeholders on Universal Credit – September dates now booking:
- Dorset Community Action Conference: Working together for a stronger civil society Friday 29th September 9.30 – 3, Dorford centre, Dorchester.
- Bournemouth and Poole Local Advice Network – Wednesday 4th October 2017, Poole
Research & Reports
- Youth Social Action Fund: £1 – £5k for projects in Bournemouth, Poole or Purbeck: