Welcome to the Advice Dorset Partnership E-News bulletin. The bulletin is circulated every two weeks and will bring you news and information relating to the advice sector in Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole. If you would like to send anything out via the bulletin, please send it to me at email@example.com.
Advice Dorset Partnership
- WESSEX FINANCIAL CABILITY FORUM: Citizens Advice in Dorset is organising the next Forum on Wednesday 18 October, 1 – 4 in Dorchester. The focus will be on the impact of the roll-out of Universal Credit, where claimants will need to budget on monthly payments and may have to start managing essential payments such as rent. Attendance is free but places are limited so please book via Eventbrite:
- Conference: Advice and Support for those with Long-term Health Conditions: Thursday 16 November, Dorchester. We are currently planning this conference.The aim of the conference is to highlight the advice needs of people with long-term conditions, and showcase some of the advice and support available from organisations and initiatives working across Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole. If you would like to run a workshop and/or have a display table please contact Caroline Buxton. To book your place:
Job Opportunities in local Citizens Advice offices
News and Useful Information
Universal Credit will still be rolling out despite calls for this to be slowed down. For selected postcodes in the Poole Jobcentre Plus area the date is 11th October 2017. Bournemouth is 22nd November and the rest of Dorset 6th December. This link is to find out if your area is going live click here
Stop Loan Sharks The England IMLT work as Stop Loan Sharks within local communities, within education, and with partner agencies including the police. Since 2004, the England IMLT have supported over 25,000 people and written off over £63,500,000 of debt. You can find more information about their work and how to report a possible loan shark and sign up for their newsletter here
Events and Training
- Domestic Abuse Awareness: course at Poole Civi centre on Tuesday 21 November, 9.30 – 4.30.
- Bournemouth CVS: have various courses running in October and November
Research and Reports
- CPAG: Inflation and benefit freeze dragging working parents further away from being able to meet basic family costs.
- Gannett Foundation: the charitable arm of the Newsquest media group will fund local groups that ‘make a lasting difference’. Grants of £5 – £10k. Deadline 9 October 2017:
- Dept of Health – VCSE fund will focus on ‘social prescribing’; grants of up to £300K . They are seeking applications that design models that fit the needs of their local area and draw upon local assets. Applications for both new and existing social prescribing schemes will be considered. Deadline 21 November 2017.
- Comic Relief has launched the Core Strength programme – grants of between £1k and £10k for small local community organisations with incomes up to £100,000, to support core running costs (salaries, premises etc). Deadline 26 October 2017. These grants will be applied for via Dorset Community Foundation, so contact
- BBC Children In Need Main Grants programme is open to charities and not-for-profit organisations applying for grants over £10,000 per year for up to three years. They give grants for children and young people of 18 years and under experiencing disadvantage through:
- Illness, distress, abuse or neglect
- Any kind of disability
- Behavioural or psychological difficulties
- Living in poverty or situations of deprivation
- click here
- Wessex Water Money Matters Wessex Water believe in helping people to understand financial matters and take effective decisions regarding money. Wessex Water Money Matters will award grants for activities that support financial capability and money management projects for people who face financial difficulties in the West of England, which includes: Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, Dorset, North Somerset, Somerset, South Gloucestershire, most of Wiltshire and parts of Gloucestershire and Hampshire. Closing Date: 9th November 2017