Welcome to the Advice Dorset Partnership E-News bulletin. The bulletin is circulated every two weeks and will bring you news and information relating the advice sector in Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole. If you would like to send anything out via the bulletin, please send it to me at email@example.com.
Advice Dorset Partnership
- LAST CHANCE TO BOOK: Mental Health & Benefits Training – Thursday 21st September 2017, Wimborne PRICE REDUCED: £50 for members of the Advice Dorset Partnership PLUS scheme , £100 for non-members
- Conference: Advice and Support for those with Long-term Health Conditions: Thursday 16 November, Dorchester. We are currently planning ths conference.The aim of the conference is to highlight the advice needs of people with long-term conditions, and showcase some of the advice and support available , from both organisations and initiatives working across Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole. If you would like to run a workshop and/or have a display table please contact Caroline Buxton. Invitations will come out at the end of September – please put the date in your diary.
- Citizens Advice in Dorset’s Annual General Meeting: Friday 29 September, 4pm, Allandale House Wimborne. An opportunity to hear about our Research and Campaigns work:
Job Opportunities in local Citizens Advice offices
- Outreach Adviser at Bournemouth Citizens Advice:
News and Useful Information
- Living on the edge: Social Market Foundation analysis of economic and social data at a local authority level, to better understand the extent to which coastal communities are among the worst ranked parts of the country in terms of earnings, employment, health and education. Read more:
Events and Training
- Overdose awareness and drug related deaths: Tuesday 12 September 9.30 – 12.30 Oakdale Poole:
- DWP/Local Authority briefing for stakeholders on Universal Credit – September dates now booking:
- Dorset Community Action Conference: Working together for a stronger civil society Friday 29th September 9.30 – 3, Dorford centre, Dorchester.
- Ageing Well Conference: Organised by the Pan Dorset Funders Forum, Friday 6 October 2017, between 9.15am and 4.10pm, at the Dorford Centre in Dorchester. The aim of the conference is to:1. Explore what is currently happening to older people across the area and nationally, we are particularly interested in preventative services and supporting people with planning for growing older
2. Inform funders about local need, and to encourage and enable them to work collaboratively
3. Encourage and enable voluntary organisations to work collaborativelyThis is an opportunity to be influenced by new perspectives, share your knowledge and network with a whole range of other organisations.To book for the conference, there is a £13.25 charge, please go to the
www.eventbrite.com/e/ageing-well-conference-tickets-36823309510 The deadline for bookings is noon on Wednesday 27 September 2017.
Research and Reports
- Loan Shark report:
- Citizens Advice report on how people currently use Post Offices:
- Gannett Foundation: the charitable arm of the Newsquest media group will fund local groups that ‘make a lasting difference’. Grants of £5 – £10k. Deadline 9 October 2017:
- Dept of Health – VCSE fund will focus on ‘social prescribing’; grants of up to £300K . They are seeking applications that design models that fit the needs of their local area and draw upon local assets. Applications for both new and existing social prescribing schemes will be considered. Deadline 21 November 2017.
- Comic Relief has launched the Core Strength programme – grants of between £1k and £10k for small local community organisations with incomes up to £100,000, to support core running costs (salaries, premises etc). Deadline 26 October 2017. These grants will be applied for via Dorset Community Foundation, so contact