The Advice Dorset Partnership
The Advice Dorset Partnership exists to ensure that the people using advice services in Dorset can access the right advice when they need it. We work together, providing the voice of the advice sector to influence decision-making and supporting organisations to deliver quality advice.
The Advice Dorset Partnership is FREE to all organisations providing advice and support to residents of Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole. The Partnership brings together organisations to:
- Provide a ‘voice’ for the advice sector, influencing policy decisions at a strategic level
- Jointly provide evidence of need, and the impact of advice
- Take action on behalf of the sector
- Encourage more effective joint working
- Provide opportunities to share good practice and network
- Provide training
What are the benefits of joining the Advice Dorset Partnership?
Member organisations will be part of a network of advice organisations in Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole with opportunities to share information and good practice, network and support each other and participate in collaborative working, specifically:
- Receive updates from the Advice Dorset Partnership steering group
- Have opportunities to take part in collaborative working
- Receive a fortnightly E-News with news relevant to the advice sector
- Notification of conferences, forum events and training
- The opportunity to join the Advice Dorset Partnership PLUS scheme (see below)
Organisations must register with the Partnership to access these benefits. You can register here.
Who manages the Advice Dorset Partnership?
The Partnership is managed by Citizens Advice in Dorset, supported by Dorset County Council. The work of the partnership is directed by the Advice Dorset Partnership steering group, made up of Partnership PLUS members and chaired by an independent chair.
What is the Advice Dorset Partnership PLUS scheme?
Members of the Advice Dorset Partnership can join the Advice Dorset Partnership PLUS scheme by paying an annual membership fee. Members will benefit from:
- Free admittance for two delegates to two conferences per year (additional places will be available at a cost)
- Free admittance for two delegates to at least two Welfare Benefit forums per year (additional places will be available at a cost)
- Priority booking for training at a reduced cost
In addition, members of the PLUS scheme will be entitled to be part of the Advice Dorset Partnership steering group.
How much will it cost?
You can see the annual fee structure here
How do I register?
You can register for the Partnership Plus scheme at the same time as registering as a Partnership member.
How can I find out more about the Partnership?
For more information, please contact us.